Friday, May 10, 2013

Psy regrets 'Gentleman'



Psy is in the US of A to promote his new track 'Gentleman'. However, he took a break from the promotion and set his foot at Harvard’s Memorial Church on May 9 and lectured in front of about 800 Harvard students, faculty and community members. 
Psy's life before his fame was a life of 'WWF’ (his nickname during college)---Withdrawal, Withdrawal, and Fail. We all know that he studied and dropped out from his Management course at Boston University and pursued his first love--- music. 
In the event, Psy shared his awkward experiences like his English language skills (before, he only knew 'taxi' and 'bus'), his failings as an undergraduate at Boston University and Madonna's touch-me-anywhere permission at Madison Square Gardens last year.
After the talk, the Harvard Arts Blog had an exclusive backstage interview with Psy. I will share Psy's one answer that caught my attention.
He was asked and I quote, "What advice do you have for Harvard students hoping to make music their life?"
He answered and I quote, "I really hate to regret, but honestly the only thing that I regret these days is that I tried too hard with Gentleman. There was a lot pressure after Gangnam Style. So what I can say to those who are making art, please do not try too hard. It’s got to be natural and it’s got to be casual."
Psy displayed that he was brave and honest enough to disclose his recent regret regarding 'Gentleman.' That would be hard to say knowing that many people will know it.
Read the full interview here.
written by: loveluytakyo@dkpopnews.net