Thursday, February 14, 2013

Park Hae Jin cast in lead role in Chinese drama


Actor Park Hae Jin has been cast in the lead role in the Chinese drama “Faraway Love”.

Park’s agency WM Company announced on February 12 that Park will play the male lead “Shim An”, a restaurant owner who is jaded by a painful past love.

The drama is being produced by comedian and actor-turned-director Chu Shi-moo, who was moved by Park’s impressive acting in Park’s Chinese drama debut “Chian De De’s Marriage Life”. The director sent a production team to Korea to ask Park to take part in the drama in 2011 and it finally became a reality one year and two months later.

In the “Faraway Love”, Shim Ahn, played by Park, will fall in love with unmarried mother Ya Choha, who is living bravely taking care of a child born to her elder sister.

Park Hae Jin said about his casting in the Chinese drama, “I sent thanks to the director Chu who trusted me and waited for a long time. I will let my hair grow long to fit my character in 'Faraway Love' after completing the ongoing shoot of ‘My Daughter Seo Young’”.

The shoot for “Faraway Love” starts in April.


Source: KBS