Monday, December 17, 2012

Seungri talks about "Giving Up his performer dream" & more with VVVI Style


What would you do if you could time travel to before your debut?
-Right now as a member of big bang you have activities worldwide but before your debut you went through hard times as a trainee. If your present self could time travel back to your trainee days, what would you say to your trainee-self?

Give up on your dreams to be a  performer.
-…What!? (At a lost for words)

So, I’d say give up on becoming a performer.
-Why!? (Still disturbed)

Why!?
-You know you’ll be saying that to the V.I that is working hard to fulfill his dreams of trying  to become a performer.

Since I’ve gone through the life of being an entertainer, I’d tell myself that you  should try out a different life.
-What do you mean by a different life?

How should I put it~, If I wasn’t a performer,I wonder what in the world kind of life I’d be leading~ (seriously thinking) What I would be doing….
-Aside from being an entertainer, when you were little, what did you want to  become or what dreams did you have?

(immediately) None. That’s why I’d want to know.
-You never wanted to become an athlete?


Never.  Sports were impossible for me. (strained laugh)


-Alright then, So,

Ah (Like it just occurred to him) Business! I’d tell him If not an entertainer, you would be good at becoming a businessman!

-Definitely. For things like business, with you talking skills, you look like someone who would have first place results.

(seriously) I wonder if I’m suited for that~ (laughs)

-You seem like the type who’d be the best at whatever occupation.

But, I feel there will always be difficulties with any occupation, it’ll never be that simple, so I always have to work as hard as I can.

-By the way, when you meet your past self are you not going to say “I’m your future”?

I wouldn’t tell him that I’m his future self. I’d want to meet him and speak with him as an outsider without him knowing anything.

-Would you give your past self coaching on dancing and singing or any advice??

I wouldn’t. Surely if I were to snap, and say “you are useless~” I think It’d be me irritated at my lack of skill. (laughs)

-But because you are V.I, wouldn’t you already know the things you’re weak at and how to overcome it?

Nah I wouldn’t teach him. He’ll have to persevere by himself (laughs)

-And not rely on other people.

Well, I am him though (laughs)

-You’re right. (laughs) You’re contact with him isn’t to spoil him, you would be as stern as you dare. But if past V.I. realizes that you’re his future self, what would you do? With him saying “ You’re my future self, that’s awesome!” 

If he figured that out, and got that caught up in it, there would be no need to say anything. The only thing I’d say is “ You had better be careful with everything.” If he’s that excited, then he’s definitely going to have a bitter experience (strained laugh)

-So that’s the advice you’d give to past V.I. By the way, If you sent to an uninhabited island, and they said you could only bring one thing, what would you bring?

My cell phone.

-Your cell phone? Why would you bring that? There’s a big chance that it wouldn’t work.

Of course I know there wouldn’t be any signal but wouldn’t being on an uninhabited island by yourself make you anxious and sad? But by just carrying my cell phone, I can hope that at some point, I will be in contact with someone.

-I see~ The cell phone is symbolic for your hopes.

However, because its an uninhabited island, there’d be no electricity right? (laughs) More than for practicality, knowing myself, since there’s the possibility of someone on the line… Just carrying a cellphone would give me courage.

-Do you think you could live there by yourself?

(Immediate reply) I think that I could! I don’t know if I could do it for the rest of my life but of course I’d be doing things like hunting, and sea diving to survive. But if it was my past trainee self, the moment I got to the island I’d want to return. Convinced that I can do anything, I’d try to appear smart but in reality I’m lazy (laughs) Ah, I’d tell my past self, “You, go to an uninhabited island by yourself!”

-Doing activities as Big Bang, you have grown not just as an artist but as a person and a man.

I can’t sense it myself but…but I’m honored you feel that way. But I still have a ways to go. From now on I’m going to work my hardest to grow in many different ways.


Source: playbill@tumblr