Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Seungri discusses "Gaining Weight" with VVVI Style


At last the final time! When we look back….
-We’ve approached the last article of the series.

It’s a bit sad.
-It really is. Up until now in this column its been V.I the artist, I’d like to show everyone the human side of V.I.

That’s fine~ (strained laugh)

-Its not alright, I’ve received a lot of feedback!

If thats the case, its fine. If we’re looking back, we talked about a lot of things. But we still have only this one part left.

-Well then, for this last time, if theres nothing else, could you please surreptitiously tell a “secret story” that you will only tell to Oricon Style.

If I say it here,it’ll spread immediately, it won’t be a surreptitious at all!

-Yes. I acknowledge that secretly (laughs)

That’s a high hurdle (laughs) Hmmm…(Thinking for a while) Ah! I have one!

-What is it?

While I was in Japan for three months for my solo activities, I gained 4 kilos (9 pounds).

-Is that really a secret story?

It is! (seeking agreement from the surrounding staff)

-Since everyone is nodding in agreement I believe it. 4 Kilos is significant.What do you think it was from?

If I was working hard with all of my might I’d be losing weight wouldn’t I?

-Huh!? So, you’re saying that you weren’t working hard then (laughs)

Since theres so many delicious things in Japan, Its so good that against my better judgement I ate way too much.

-Rather, they sent you filling meals everyday.

That’s how I feel from the bottom of my heart. If it was the other way and I lost weight, I think everyone would be worried about me.

-That’s true. And your Korean fans, they’d think you’re working so hard in Japan to the point that you can’t even proper meals, and they’d be worried.

There are people that say its good I gained weight and others that say I should lose it. I’m confused, I don’t know what I should do (laughs)

-Which is better?

Thin V.I or chubby V.I (laughs) Now I’m halfway. That’s why I asked to clarify which way I should go.

-Have you been working out everyday since you’ve gotten to Japan as well?

I haven’t been regularly but almost everyday.

-That’s why its important to do your best everyday.

But, I still gained 4 kilos (laughs)

-So, if you weren’t working out, you’d gain even more weight.

Yeah I would have.

-But, you’ll lose the weight with your dome tours coming up.

Since I work with all my heart at the concerts, and I’m dripping with sweat.

-You don’t need to count calories or eat less.

But, afterward I’ll be eating delicious food again.

-In the end, the pluses and minuses even out (laughs)

Because of that, for a while I’ll be “halfway-V.I” (laughs)

-Better yet, please just keep the status quo.

I got you~

-You just said this but during the three months you spent alone in Japan, for you to gain 4 kilos, that shows that things were very successful.

I was able to appear in many various variety shows, through all of them I have great memories. Best of all, even people who don’t know Big Bang’s music will call me “Seung-chan” or say “Seung-chan’s funny,” “He works hard,” or “ He’s given me power.” I’ve received so many kind words I’m extremely happy and it’s very encouraging. Honestly, when I decided to do these solo activities, I was anxious, feeling happy yet wondering if I’m doing the right thing at the same time.

-Although you were already proficient at Japanese, Now its beyond comparison.

Clearly Japanese is what I’ve worked the hardest on. I’ve reflected on these past three months of activities and I’m full of feelings of gratitude towards everyone.

-Also next January you will appear as an actor in the drama “Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo” (on Nippon Terebi) right?

I think the term “actor” is a little misleading…I’m simple special guest (laughs)

-You’re merely a special guest you say.

Ah~I said it the wrong way (strained laugh) Clearly Japanese is difficult.


-Nah nah. You’ve said that you’ve liked Japanese dramas before and you’ve watched many, so how do you feel about you performing in one?

Its a weird feeling. Regardless to whether my acting is good or bad, I’ve performed the best I can in my own style and I want everyone to look forward to it.


-And then, as Big Bang, on December 5th, you’re going to have your long desired Tokyo Dome concert! And next January you’re going to come back again for two days at the Osaka Kyocera Dome (total of three locations, 6 performances).

Since this was a dream for us when we first debuted in Japan 3 years ago, we’re very happy. And since we’re standing on our dream stage, a top-notch stage, I want everyone to look forward to our performance!


-I’m most looking forward to your well-honed MC talk (laughs)

Yes, you have no choice~!


-Well then, at last, looking back on your thoughts on your activities in Japan, please give a message to all the readers.

It’s only been three months but as I’ve been in Japan for my activities I’ve been able to see how amazing Japan is and yet again I’ve come to love Japan! But I don’t know how to best put words to my feelings…There’s been various times when I have been unable to simply explain myself in words, so I will study. I am full of gratitude towards all those who have truly supported me. I have appeared in various variety shows but there are still shows I’d like to go on, many people I’d like to work with, by saying “Then I was able to do it right? After this there’s even more things I can do right?” my desires have increased in a good way. If there’s good timing again, I’d like to do a lot of solo activities in Japan but since I’m a member of Big Bang, and Big Bang is not only about me, I can’t do things just because I want to, or selfishly move by my own feelings. This winter, for Big Bang’s World Tour we have concerts in Japan. From there I have to go back to my home land for Big Bang activities, there I know the fans understand and they are waiting for the moment that I arrive back. Of course while I’ve been doing my Japanese activities I’ve told the Big Bang Hyungs my experiences, and before long I would secretly like to appear to everyone as a household name on Japanese TV (laughs)


-No no, please come out strong (laughs) I look forward to seeing “Power-up” V.I.

Please anticipate it! Above all, through Big Bang’s music I want to offer hope and energy to everyone in Japan and Korea, and also around the world! And finally, I’d love to stay but I’d like to really thank everyone who read my series this entire time!


-Likewise, and thank you having such enjoyable talks with me every time!

Everyone, let us meet at the concert~!


Source: playbill@tumblr