Monday, August 20, 2012

BoA thought her career would end in five years?


Singer BoA made a guest appearance on the August 17th episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook’ and took a look back on her life as a performer.

BoA revealed, “It’s been 13 years since I've been active as a singer, and this year marks my 12 year anniversary since debut. But I don’t say it often. Because it makes me look old.” MC Yoo Hee Yeol jokingly replied, “What are you talking about. It’s been 20 years for me.”

The MC then asked, “Have you imagined you would be doing this for this long?” The singer answered, “No. I’m a singer who wants to be an idol. So I started out as an idol. Contracts in those days were only five years long. So I thought, it will over after five years.”

She continued, “But my career expanded and fortunately, many people enjoyed my music, so I was able to continue making music for a long time. I think, ‘I have to do music until I die.’ I believe that I’m really lucky. It’s rare that someone can receive love for their work. I also think that I have to give back that love.”


Source: Nate