Thursday, July 5, 2012

[NEWS] Yang Hyunsuk, “It pains me to see 2NE1”


The strict head of YG Entertainment, Yang Hyunsuk, revealed his affectionate feelings towards 2NE1 who came back recently on the 5th. He expressed that he was “hurt” because he couldn’t pay as much attention as he wanted to to 2NE1′s comeback.

On this day, he told OSEN “These days when I see 2NE1, it pains me. Usually when artists from our company make a comeback, starting from a few months before the comeback I would spend day and night, sleep and eat with them, and take care of them. However this time I couldn’t do that for 2NE1.”

Starting last year from December, till this April, Yang Hyunsuk was a judge on SBS ‘K-Pop Star’ representing YG, and had undergone an extremely busy schedule for the first half of the year. In addition to a lot of overlapping schedules at the company, the time he spent on 2NE1 seemed somewhat short.

He revealed, “After so long, 2NE1 is making a comeback in July, when so many other artists are coming back. Especially at this time when it’s really a ‘comeback boom’ I should have taken better care of 2NE1, but I feel terribly sorry that I was unable to do so.”, “So during the last week, I cancelled all my plans and just stayed with 2NE1 throughout and personally monitored their choreography and singing, etc.”


He added, “To our 2NE1 members who are like daughters to me, I feel both sorry and thankful. To the extent that I was unable to pay as much attention to them, it’s my plan to wholeheartedly focus on 2NE1 till the end of this year.”
Not only just the 2NE1 members, but Yang Hyunsuk has not forgotten the fans supporting these girls either. In regards to the fans who are always supporting the girls, he promised “To the fans as well, I’m terribly sorry. In order to repay you guys, I will work harder for 2NE1.”

Yang Hyunsuk is planned to participate as a judge in the second half of the year as well on ‘K-POP Star 2′. He has been ridiculously busy not only due to the discussions for this upcoming program, but also because of several internal issues at the company. He stated “I’ve been too busy to even rest lately because of work at the office. However when I was with 2NE1, I tried not to appear tired. This is because I didn’t want to give any trouble to 2NE1.”, “This past week with 2NE1, every second spent working on the comeback was worth it.”, displaying his affectionate feelings for 2NE1, as well as increasing the anticipation for their comeback.

Mean while, 2NE1 released a music video teaser for their song ‘I Love You’ at midnight today. The music video teaser added a sexier feeling to 2NE1′s charismatic music, and displayed their even more matured charm. 2NE1 is planning to make their first comeback on the 8th on Inkigayo.

In addition, they will be holding their Seoul concerts on the 28th and 29th that will kick off their world tour, ‘New Evolution’.


Source: Nate
Translation: GEE @ YGLadies.com