Monday, July 16, 2012

[NEWS] Solbi battles depression during her 2 year hiatus


Singer Solbi appeared on KBS 2TV‘s ‘Free Confidence’ on July 16 and confessed that for the last two years she had been battling depression while flying under the radar.

The 27-year-old star said that the she had been seeking professional mental help to recover from various scandals and internet bullying.

“Because I was having such a hard time coping with all the negative comments left by netizens, someone recommended to me a psychiatrist. I went, and while getting treatment for depression, fell in love with reading,” said Solbi.

The entertainer confessed that she never used to read as a hobby, but it all changed when her therapist told her to go to a bookstore for homework.

“I went along just because I had to, but while I was there I became interested in reading.” The singer said that she was touched by various inspirational books and now took to reading as a way of relieving stress.


Source: JoongAng Daily