Monday, July 16, 2012

[NEWS] 2NE1 Leader CL’s bold beliefs!

The leader of group 2NE1, CL, holds high values in regards to music. Those values have allowed us to realise her strong attachment with 2NE1.
CL recently ‘dropped a bomb’ (said something shocking) in an interview. CL said, “There may not be a future 2NE1. That is what I think. If our music isn’t fresh anymore or if it starts to feel cliché, I don’t think there’s a reason to go on as 2NE1.” She continued with strong words, “When that time nears, I don’t think I’ll be doing activities as 2NE1. 2NE1 that isn’t ‘new’ is no longer 2NE1.
When Park Bom and Sandara Park, who were sitting beside her, displayed a look of shock in their expressions, CL comfortingly said, “Don’t worry. I’m not saying I’m going to leave, I’m just saying I’m attached to how we have our individuality and how we have a style that’s only ours. Doesn’t this mean that we just need to do well in showing a new (unseen) side to ourselves?
CL holds a heavy responsibility as the leader of group 2NE1 who have grown to be global artists. The pride that she holds with 2NE1 is the source of her charisma on stage.
When CL was asked about artists she wants to collaborate with, she answered “I have thoughts about remixing other artists’ songs to make something that can be described as only our ‘colour’ (style), but there are no groups (in mind) that I want to collaborate with.” She explained her answer by saying “2NE1 songs with us four together are when our true colours can finally be shown.


2NE1 can easily be called the team among the nation’s current girl groups that show the most of their true selves. Now, 2NE1 are considered role models that challenge the music industry as there are very few groups to stand out and do so.
CL showed another resolute response when asked about the continuous debuts of junior girl groups. CL gave a straight-forward answer, “Junior artists will always continue to debut. Just like how there is a girl group preparing (for their debut) at YG too. But I feel that it is important that we just continue to develop our own music. I want to focus only on our music.
In the future, CL also wishes to create something of cultural content, led by fashion, together with G-Dragon. “Like G-Dragon, I also have much interest in fashion. I often have these talks with G-Dragon. We have plans about doing something with cultural content relating to fashion in the future. Later on, as 2NE1 or as CL, I will show you different sides to me,” she said with a smile.
Meanwhile, 2NE1, who have just released their digital single “I LOVE YOU” on the 5th (of July), are soon to begin their global tour “NEW EVOLUTION” in 10 cities in 7 countries starting with Korea on the 28th and 29th at Seoul Olympic Gymnasium Stadium.

Source: Osen
Translation: Caz@CLtheBaddestFemale.com